Originally Posted By: grelber
If you liked Fargo, the 1996 movie, you'll probably gush* over Fargo the FX TV series: Season 1 (2014) and Season 2 (2015), each about 9 hours of viewing. The DVD presentations have a great deal of "bonus" material; 4 DVDs per set. Both seasons shot in Alberta.
(You may in fact have followed the movie's advice and gotten a chipper to get rid of pesky neighborhood problems. tongue smirk )

Be aware: Season 2 is actually a "prequel" to Season 1, with the former (2) taking place in 1979 and the latter (1) in 2006. So you may wish to view them in reverse order. (I had to re-watch Season 1 after I viewed Season 2, and I enjoyed it both times.)

EDIT: * Until now I have never used this word, and yet it popped into my head as I was typing that line. As Arte Johnson (in his Laugh In persona as a German foot soldier) used to say: Verrry interrresting.

I could not agree more, grelber! In fact, for TV series, Season 1 of Fargo is the best I have seen. Some of my other favorites are Breaking Bad, The Americans, Fargo Season 2, Better Call Saul, The People V. O. J. Simpson (highest rated series recently, in terms of viewership, and VERY well done!), and House of Cards. Be aware, though, that Better Call Saul is "kind of" a prequel to Breaking Bad. And, of course, Bob Odenkirk figures prominently in Better Call Saul, appears quite a lot in some "latter" seasons of Breaking Bad, and also was the "new" sheriff (after the original one got knocked off in Episode 1) in Fargo Season 1.

BTW, there is going to be a Season 3 of Fargo:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/16/fargo-season-3

From what I recently read, it should come out next year. In fact, here is a quote about that:

"There's no exact date for the Fargo season 3 premiere just yet. We do know that fans will have to wait for Hawley’s “selfie.” He confirmed that Fargo won’t be back until spring 2017, due to the show’s winter setting. Shooting is set to begin in November 2016."

Too bad Lester (Martin Freeman) and Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) were "eliminated" near the end of Season 1. I would have liked to see them again.

Last edited by honestone; 04/16/16 04:53 PM.