(April 2010 15" MacBook Pro/2.66GHz/Core i7/8GB RAM [maxed out]/OS X 10.11.4)

Since I upgraded to El Cap I've had an endless run of events like this that are apparently the root cause of stuff like this. I'm almost never aware of them until long after they've happened, but every once in a while Safari slows down inexplicably and when I look... Voila! (Actually, most of the events I'm seeing are related to WindowServer, they don't correlate with the WebKit events, and don't seem to have any "visible" affect with the possible exception of causing Butler to crash.)

This happened in 10.11.2 and .3, and it continues in .4, the swap files are created at the same time as the .diag files, and ALL I'm doing when this-all happens is listening to music over AirPlay and emailing or surfing.

Is anybody else seeing similar behavior?

Edit: I haven't got any log files lying around at the moment, but I'm also experiencing (I guess I can call them) hangs that cause CPU usage spikes for a minute or two at a time.

I see far fewer of them than I do of the "microstackshot" events, and I don't see any correlation between the two types of events.

Last edited by artie505; 04/11/16 10:00 AM. Reason: Add specs

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire