I could do a screen shot but it's pages long.

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
When you uncheck the box, EasyFind shows packages, installers, apps...maybe others as "units" rather than digging into them for their components, so, yes, they "show up differently".

I don't understand why you still see 2,800 files, though. (I just d/l'ed Android File Transfer.app [Is that the correct thing?], and EF doesn't show me anything like that, but that may be because I never launched it.)

"Where" is a column heading across the top of an EF window... Name, Created, Modified, Size, Kind, WHERE.

My search criteria are the same as yours except that I search for "All Files" and check or uncheck "Package Contents" and "Invisible Files & Folders" depending upon what I'm searching for.

Command-A does, indeed, select everything, but if you hit "Delete" you'll find that anywhere from all to none of the selected items disappear; that's because the developers of EF have wisely elected to prohibit users from easily deleting files that require admin authentication.

Command-R takes you to the actual location of a file...the path shown in the "Where" column; from there you can delete files that can't be deleted from an EF window.

I think your best bet at this point may be to upload a screenshot of what EF shows you so we can get an idea of what you're up against. (I searched for an uninstaller, but with no joy.)

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8