When you uncheck the box, EasyFind shows packages, installers, apps...maybe others as "units" rather than digging into them for their components, so, yes, they "show up differently".

I don't understand why you still see 2,800 files, though. (I just d/l'ed Android File Transfer.app [Is that the correct thing?], and EF doesn't show me anything like that, but that may be because I never launched it.)

"Where" is a column heading across the top of an EF window... Name, Created, Modified, Size, Kind, WHERE.

My search criteria are the same as yours except that I search for "All Files" and check or uncheck "Package Contents" and "Invisible Files & Folders" depending upon what I'm searching for.

Command-A does, indeed, select everything, but if you hit "Delete" you'll find that anywhere from all to none of the selected items disappear; that's because the developers of EF have wisely elected to prohibit users from easily deleting files that require admin authentication.

Command-R takes you to the actual location of a file...the path shown in the "Where" column; from there you can delete files that can't be deleted from an EF window.

I think your best bet at this point may be to upload a screenshot of what EF shows you so we can get an idea of what you're up against. (I searched for an uninstaller, but with no joy.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire