Curiouser and curiouser...

I've been pursuing this exercise. I say that because the Mac is working fine in every other regard. It just won't let me run the 10.10.5 combined updater.

The previously downloaded combined updaters for 10.6.8 and 10.11.4 will run on their respective partitions, even with modified system folders (fonts). I restored original fonts to my 10.10.5 partition and still the updater would not run. I downloaded a fresh combo updater to my MacBook and it, too, refused to run saying again, "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

I decided to bite the bullet and run the original Yosemite 10.10.0 system installer. But, the installer would not be verified, saying it was possibly corrupted and go to the App Store and download a new copy. I went to previous my purchases on the App Store. Every OS back to Lion was listed for download, but not Yosemite.

Apparently, Yosemite is unavailable on the Apple site.

I believe Apple really wants me to use El Capitan!

iMac (19,1, 3.1 GHz i5, 12.7.4, 40 Gb RAM); MacBook Air (1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.6, 256 Gb SSD) Vodafone router and Devolo Wi-Fi Extender, Canon TS8351 printer/scanner.