I have previously run the latest combined update on various systems to refresh/fix minor niggles, but have hit a problem with 10.10.5.

I have previously run the 10.10.4 combined updater on a 10.10.4 volume with no issues. But, since running secupd2016-002yosemite on 10.10.5, I have been unable to run the 10.10.5 combined updater on the 10.10.5 volume. I even had to download a new file when a window told me that an older update disk image couldn't be verified.

I have various 10.10.5 partitions and the updater refuses to run on any of them, saying "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

I have had a couple other problems, which seemed to be font related: I couldn't change the startup disk, because "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk." And, when I held down the alt key to select the startup disk, two of the partitions (one 10.10.5, one 10.11.4) had three squares with question marks in them instead of the volume name.

I had removed Helvetica.dfont and HelveticaNeue.dfont from the system folder, choosing to make them active via Suitcase Fusion instead. All of the related clone partitions were correctly named. When I put the Helveticas back in the system folder, the problem disappeared.

It makes me wonder if being unable to run the combined updater is font related or if the installer is looking for something in the system that isn't there.

I've run Disk Repair and DiskWarrior on all volumes. I've reset the PRAM/NVRAM.

Any ideas? Thanks.

iMac (19,1, 3.1 GHz i5, 12.7.4, 40 Gb RAM); MacBook Air (1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.6, 256 Gb SSD) Vodafone router and Devolo Wi-Fi Extender, Canon TS8351 printer/scanner.