Originally Posted By: jaybass
Okay, lets use pacifist and reinstall System Prefs in it's entirety...after opening Pacifist, where do I go from there? jaybass

Working from memory here, but I'll dig out my install disc if necessary...

The easiest way is to search (Edit: for System Preferences.app), but you may see many options because of languages, so you've got to be certain to select the"top level" option.

Working through the hierarchy can be hit or miss, but it's easy to see where you are, because it's the same file hierarchy you see on your screen, so you can just keep hitting disclosure triangles until you get to where you're going...

System Prefs will be in either the (I think this is correct.) "Base System" or "Essentials" (Edit: section of your install disc), so just hit (Edit: top level) disclosure triangles until you see "Applications", and then hit the next triangle until you see "System Preferences".

Select it and hit the "Install" button at top left, authenticate when asked, and the rest should happen automatically.

If you run into a snag, post back and I'll dig out my disc to see who went wrong where.

Last edited by artie505; 03/26/16 08:42 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire