Originally Posted By: slolerner
Originally Posted By: Artie505
Just to clarify, did you get the OSXFUSE pop-up when you were still booted into your recovery partition or after you booted back into OS X?

Can't remember whether it came up as an a recovery partition but that is probably why it came to my attention.
I remember the Control Panel icon for it looked like a drive.
Originally Posted By: Artie505
Then I'll go with its likely being associated with the MRI software. (Any chance you can find the thread in which it was discussed?)

I'm looking for the thread, I found the one where Grelber suggested I get a "1990-something Ford Taurus bucket seat" at my desk in lieu of surgery.

Found it! Post 33285

It has never even occurred to me that a recovery partition is an "open system" despite its ability to access the Internet via Safari, and an attempt to d/l OSXFUSE into mine just now failed..."insufficient space". (I think it's a pretty fair assumption that a recovery partition is "no write" under any circumstances.)

Me, I'd just forget about it. OSXF is no longer on your boot volume, and if it's on your recovery partition it's there by default.

(Wrong thread. I was thinking of the one in which you described having trouble viewing your MRIs...needing different software.)

Last edited by artie505; 03/15/16 11:08 AM. Reason: Less

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire