I am having trouble moving my photo library file to my Seagate external drive.

I am using OS X el Capitan 10.11.1 & my Seagate drive works perfectly well with the Mac (it is OS X Extended (Journaled) format), I can read/write to it as usual.

When in Photos, I am in Preferences (General tab) and am trying to change the library location of the .photolibrary as described by Apple.

When I move the file to the external drive and then double click, I get the message .....

Switch Libraries - do you want to switch the current Photos Library to from "old library" to "new library"

I then click on "Switch", after a few seconds I get the message....

LIBARY COULD NOT BE OPENED. PHOTOS HAS ATTEMPTED TO REPAIR THE LIBRARY "NEW LIBRARY" BUT IS UNABLE TO OPEN IT

when I look at Console I get the following error:

Mar 9 18:53:25 Richards-MacBook-Pro PhotosRelauncher[7520]: App to relaunch:file:///Applications/Photos.app/, library:file:///Volumes/4TB%20External%20Drive/Photos%20Library%20NEW.photoslibrary/
Mar 9 18:53:25 Richards-MacBook-Pro PhotosRelauncher[7520]: Launch with library url.
Mar 9 18:53:26 Richards-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.Photos.7521): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.iTunesLibraryService.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor's bundle, origin = /Applications/Photos.app
Mar 9 18:53:37 Richards-MacBook-Pro Photos[7521]: Error: Error Domain=com.apple.reddwarf Code=26 "RDErrorLibraryOnUnsupportedFilesystem" UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Volumes/4TB%20External%20Drive/Photos%20Library%20NEW.photoslibrary/, NSLocalizedDescription=RDErrorLibraryOnUnsupportedFilesystem, NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9ded461c70 {Error Domain=com.apple.lithium Code=321 "LiErrorUnsupportedFilesystem" UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Volumes/4TB%20External%20Drive/Photos%20Library%20NEW.photoslibrary/, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Windows NT Filesystem, NSLocalizedDescription=LiErrorUnsupportedFilesystem}}} while trying to open Photos Library NEW.photoslibrary

I have tried rebuilding the drive with disk utility, same result - I also have a second Seagate drive I use elsewhere, tried it on that, same result.

I have spoken to Seagate, they say their drive should work, it is a mac issue... anybody any help on this issue please?