Guys, thank you for the link. I had not seen this particular report, although I have been aware of the DNS issue. But, I'll definitely try some of the suggestions and report back.

I will update once I gain a sense of whether improvement has occurred.

Let me follow-up with another question, related to this slowdown issue -

Most times when a site is loading, and the loading visual (not sure what to precisely call it) is a dark gray color, this visual will go light silver and will continue working (on some sites) for a bit more time.

Is this normal, or should most sites do the initial loading (dark gray visual) and complete the loading? Or, a bit of both - depending on the site?

[Recent Loading Example - last access to Macworld.com: Safari started, however, with the visual as light silver and partially loaded page. Loading continued for several minutes (maybe, 5 or so) and ended with Status bar showing "...107 of 109 items loaded (1 error)"]

...I'm trying to get an accurate sense of how those 2 Safari loading visuals provide feedback either 1) about loading speed (relating to the actual download speed) or 2) how Safari is managing the download of the site's page elements.

(When Safari was locking-up, on some sites, it has typically been during the period where the dark gray visual was working (at least, I can't remember it happening when the light gray visual was working) & just stopped. Force Quit would then report Safari "not responding.")

Last edited by pbGuy; 09/17/09 05:01 PM. Reason: Additional details

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi