Originally Posted By: joemikeb
AFIK the bulk mail classification is unique to Yahoo and that sorting takes place on their server before Mail sees it. Since you are using IMAP you do see everything in the other folders/mailboxes but they do not cycle through your inbox. Mail's rules fire when a message hits the inbox but it happens so fast you do not see the message in the inbox.

I am on my iPad at the moment, so I am unsure of the exact location of the menu item, but I believe in either the accounts or mailbox menus there is an item to synch all accounts or a single account. If you synch your Yahoo account both the junk and bulk mailboxes should appear in Mail and anything you see logged onto the Yahoo webmail interface should appear on your Mac. Normally you only need to do that once.

Hi:

The bulk folder is not unique to Yahoo. In fact Yahoo doesn't have a bulk folder on it's site nor a junk folder. That is strictly Mac stuff. Yahoo just has a "spam" folder which usually dumps into my bulk folder. On my Mac mail program, however, I have bulk folders for all of my accounts which I didn't put there. I also have junk folders which I didn't put there.

I've never synced my mail because I didn't know exactly what it meant and was afraid if I didn't like what it did, I couldn't unsync it. If you can tell me how to unsync them, I will try syncing them and see what happens. I've never done it before so I am not sure what really went wrong in my mail program. Thanks.

P.S. I know I've seen something that says synch but at this moment I can't find it.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8