Originally Posted By: Ira L
You say usually you don't have to filter anything. How do you filter your junk mail? And now nothing is getting filtered, except by you manually?

If you were using Apple's junk mail filter previously, take a look at it now: Mail>Preferences>Rules. Make sure the rule is checked as active and at the top of the Rules list. Click on the junk mail filter rule, choose "Edit" (you won't) and see if it is moving things where you would expect.

Hi:

What I usually do when bulk (spam) mail slipped into my regular mail is to either just delete it, make a rule for it to go to trash, or mark it as "junk". Recently I found a way to make it go directly into the junk folder after I marked it as junk by clicking the thumbs down icon. I forget how I learned how to do it, but I am sure it is in the prefs somewhere.

But, normally, Yahoo really knows what spam is and puts it in my Bulk Folder. That is only happening on the Yahoo site now. I never even get it from Yahoo or Mail.com. I haven't changed any settings regarding Bulk mail on my Mac Mail nor on the mail sites. So that's why I am at a loss. My Bulk folders look funny now and don't work.

I am wondering if I rebuild my mailboxes if that will help. Or just delete the accounts on Mac Mail and and then add them back in. My only concern there is that I will lose stuff I'm saving in certain mail folders. I don't know how to get them onto the desktop while I do t his. I can't drag and drop them.

I could back everything up on my external HD but then wouldn't I have to go there every time I wanted to see one of those files if I lose then all? That's my dilemma.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8