Originally Posted By: MacManiac
I think we've drifted completely off the original topic here at this point....any relationship to actual troubleshooting in this thread would have to be researched waaaay back toward the beginning.

There are two options that I see for us now:

1) Close and lock the thread....leaving an unfulfilled void (and less than suitable outcome).

2) Move and re-title the thread to the Lounge where we can continue the discussion on whether or not we need third party utilities to maintain the Mac OS in its' modern form.

I'm willing to wait for input.

Since I began the thread, I assume my "vote" is the most relevant. I say let's just close it. It has been "beaten to death", so to speak, and there is no point in trying to come to any kind of resolution, especially with all the unnecessary "veiled" references that have been made.

The "arguments" folks have made are still the same ones I have seen on other sites and in other forums. One site even had a few folks saying that SuperDuper! and Carbon Copy Cloner are not examples of backup software, but instead are just cloning programs! And such discussions were via the site www.macnn.com, and on other places there, such software was classified as backup software! Go figure.

I will, of course, still post any positive experiences I have with any of the products I use, and also will post information about sales (like I started this thread with) of products.

So, let's just close it.

Last edited by honestone; 02/24/16 08:45 PM.