Every new version of the Mac OS supposedly is better than the last one in terms of keeping things "mean and clean". Similarly, every new model of a Toyota Camry supposedly is better and better for reliability, and minimizing issues. But, to believe either is not subject to "breaking down" is definitely a short sighted approach. It's fine to think that both products will likely work, but it is wise to provide assistance in that effort.

I have always believed in being proactive, and I continue to stand by that. I am not going to hide my head in the sand and hope things work as they are. I've encountered way too many instances where just the opposite is true, and by being proactive and getting WAY in front of issues has always proven to be extremely beneficial.

For things like appliances, automobiles, and similar technologies, there is typically recommended maintenance tips that one can easily perform on their own. To think that does not apply to computer technology, whether it be hardware or software, is a mistake, at least in my way of thinking. The quote I firmly believe in, "Go along and we'll get along", is certainly applicable to that. I know that is the case for automobiles, in terms to doing some simple things on my own.

Finally, there is of course the very pertinent KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid. The word "Simple" in that statement seems to get lost with some folks. If that's the way such folks want to proceed, fine. It's just not for me, nor will it ever be.

Last edited by honestone; 02/24/16 04:02 PM.