Originally Posted By: honestone
Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: honestone
MacUpdate should be looking on their own for updates being available. If I can do it (as I have recently done), they can do it.

That's freakin' bizarre!

Searching for updates is not, nor should it be, part of their business; their business is providing a platform for developers who either make good or poor use of it.

No, it's not freaking bizarre! MacUpdate needs to provide up to date information, plain and simple. And, their platform must be reliable enough for users to get the most up to date information. I already provided two glaring examples where that is not the case.

Originally Posted By: MacUpdate
All 40,000 apps on MacUpdate have been hand curated. (Emphasis added)

OK, then, how much do you figure it would cost MU to check all 40,000 apps on a regular enough basis to satisfy you and to update their descriptions, etc. as required, and how much of a paid annual membership would you be willing to spring for to defray the cost of new infrastructure and people and the ongoing new costs?

Edit: And how many of MU's current members, paid members included, do you figure wold join you, particularly considering that although they may be the best game in town they're not the only one and that the day they went bust there'd be somebody new dancing on their platform?

Last edited by artie505; 02/14/16 10:59 AM. Reason: Clarify +

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire