Originally Posted By: ryck
And now Cruz is more of a possibility. What a chilling thought. How many Republicans had to lose any ability to think rationally in order for these two to advance this far? I believe it was George Carlin who said: "In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem."

Are you keeping your bags near the door, Jon and joemike?

Since I am a lifelong Texan, I am all too familiar with Ted Cruz. It is widely known here that Cruz is intensely disliked by his fellow Republican Senator from Texas (an otherwise useless politician) as well as most of his other Republican colleagues in the Senate. He has little to no support from the Texas Republican regulars and gets the bulk of his support from the net-know-nothings (a.k.a. Tea Party) in the wealthy suburbs of Houston and Dallas. As President he would likely have major opposition from the Democrats and also from his fellow Republicans in the Senate. Thus effectively neutering his presidency, which IMHO might be the better option. Heaven help the U.S., the clown with the bad comb-over (Trump) might actually be able to get some of his programs (or is that pogroms?) through congress.

I understand Medellin, (yes that is the one in Columbia). Thailand, and Panama all have thriving U.S. ex-pat communities. I wonder if they will accept my health insurance?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein