Recently I've encountered a problem with a couple of applications when trying to save a newly created document, the file save dialog comes up and then I get a spinning beach ball for a few minutes. Then eventually a system alert dialog pops up saying that it is unable to access the device at 192.168.1.10, a network hard drive, which I don't usually have powered up. I click the OK button on the alert dialog and then it tries again repeatedly to access the remote drive. There's no way I can get out of this endless loop except by doing a forced quit from the application.

I don't understand why the application would be trying to access this drive, because I don't think I've ever saved files to it directly from the application. I'm guessing that there's a corrupt plist somewhere that has this network drive set as a default drive.

The applications that cause the problem are OpenOffice and LibreOffice. I realize that both of these share much of the same code, but I wouldn't expect them to share the same preference files. So, I'm thinking that this is a corrupted system file.

Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for.

MacBook Pro 15" (2015)
Sierra 10.12.6