Originally Posted By: jchuzi
One file was the 10.11.2 installer and the other was Carbon Copy Cloner (zip file). I plan to use them when helping a friend install El Cap. (That will save a lot of time. I just upgraded my internet speed with RoadRunner and the El Cap download was relatively fast at 37 minutes.)

No graphics.

Did you download the OS 10.11.2 "update" from the App Store? The reason I ask is that if you already have the full installer version of OS 10.11 or 10.11.1, there is a faster way to upgrade. Just download the Combo Updater. In fact, OS 10.11.3 came out last week, and one can get the Combo Updater from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1859?locale=en_US

It will be WAY faster than 37 minutes. I always download the Combo Updater whenever I upgrade the Mac OS. In fact, for El Capitan, here is the sequence I went through to move from Yosemite:

1. Downloaded OS 10.11.1 from the App Store, and installed it (I actually did a Clean installation on both of my Macs, and then used Migration Assistant to "migrate"/copy all the non-Apple stuff from my SuperDuper! backup. Also, some folks might be wondering why I started with OS 10.11.1, instead of OS 10.11. Well, the first beta for OS 10.11.1 appeared in early August, 8 weeks before OS 10.11 was released, and thus even though OS 10.11 was released near the end of September (with some initial issues), I had decided to wait until OS 10.11.1 was released, which was at the end of October).

2. When OS 10.11.2 came out, I downloaded and installed the OS 10.11.2 Combo Updater.

3. When OS 10.11.3 came out last week, did the same thing (ie, downloaded the OS 10.11.3 Combo Updater).

In every instance that I have upgraded via the Combo Updater, I have never had any issues.

Last edited by honestone; 01/27/16 03:10 AM.