I hate to ask this and please accept that no offense is intended. My question is based on a mistake I have made — more than once blush . After you went through the steps outlined in the OpenDNS instructions are you sure you clicked on the Apply button at the bottom of the router screen? If you answer is definite yes then skip to the next paragraph. If not go back and do it again and this time be absolutely certain you click on the Apply button.

The paid version of OpenDNS will give you the same instructions for setting up your router — no difference. The fact the instructions are not working is an issue you need to take up with Linksys Cisco, maybe they have a different set of instructions or even another firmware update for you to install. confused

While it would be simpler and easier to have the one setting on your router, until the problem with Linksys Cisco is cleared up you can still set the OpenDNS server addresses on your individual devices.
  1. In OS X
    1. In System Preferences > Network
    2. Select your active network and then click on the Advanced button
    3. Click on the DNS tab
    4. select any listed DSN server addresses and click on the minus (-) sign at the bottom of the left hand pane
    5. Click on the plus (+) sign at the bottom of the left hand pane
    6. in the field that appears enter 208.67.220.220 and press enter
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 twice and enter 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.222.220
    8. you should naw have all three IP addresses listed — each on its own line
    9. Click OK at the bottom of the window
  2. In iOS
    1. In Settings > WiFi
    2. touch the Info symbol (a letter i with a circle around it) to the right of your WiFi network ID
    3. scroll down to DNS
    4. Touch the line where the DNS IP address is listed and backspace the current IP address out
    5. enter the following including the commas 208.67.220.220,208.67.222.222,208.67.222.220
  3. FWIW most internet devices will allow you to set a fixed DNS IP but it may take digging through a lot of menus and/or if all else fails reading their network setup User's Guide to figure out where and how.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein