Harv, this particular user is often at fault and not just at the keyboard shocked I have tried logging on as a guest user and this didn't solve the problem; I may be wrong but I have assumed that a guest user, which does not seem to have admin privileges, would be OK for this purpose. Logging out and back in from my account works, at least temporarily, which suggests to me that the log OUT process clears up the nexus but whatever I do after that creates it again! I visit Apple sites very rarely so I have resolved that, before I do, I'll log off and on. Besides, my new iPhone has arrived...

Regarding OS upgrades, I've always used the App Store update process. I've often read about installing Combo updates to solve issues but I don't think this one is serious enough for that. I wonder what will come after El Capitan - El Nino perhaps?

I'm a long way from Western Australia. Too hot, sandy and windy for me. Wichetty grubs are high protein indigenous snack food and I understand are only palatable if liberally smeared with Soy or Sweet Chilli sauce. Unless you were bushwacked, why on earth would you eat moth larvae? I sympathise with your wife if she was ever presented with one...