I think it's legit, but I'll call ATT tomorrow. Not on Christmas.

I avoid the dark side of the internet, my only guilty pleasure being YouTube. In fact, in recent weeks I've beefed up security with the addition of the Disconnect extension to Firefox. I use 1Password (an older version) for all my IDs and passwords, all generated by the program. True, I'm using 10.6.7 and Firefox 39.0.3. But I find it hard to believe that someone would or could break into my router. I do have a second email account at Gmail, but I access it through Firefox, not Apple Mail.

Related or not, I've been getting kernel panics over the past six months on certain web sites. Before 2015, I had never even seen a kernel panic and knew only vaguely what they were. My iMac is about eight years old. After reading some comments at the Bugzilla forum, it looks like the kernel panics are due to the ATI Radeon and something about how it interacts with Firefox. An old driver, I imagine.

That's not my IP address, unless I'm getting confused about what my IP address actually is. In Network Utility, I entered XX.XX.X.XXX in Whois but got no matches.

Here's the rest of the email:

Example message received from XX.XX.X.XXX:

Received: from kinifocu ([XX.XX.X.XXX])
Thu, 24 Dec 2015 22:15:03 +0000
Message-ID: <E80A7FE9C5D442C59506F1BA81D86394@kinifocu>
From: "Anastasiya" <xuv@xn--j14rgen-54a8803e.xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx.xxx>
Reply-To: "Anastasiya" <anastasiyaihr@gmail.com>
To: <x@x>
Subject: love for serious corresponding
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 21:52:59 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.726
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8089.726
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="PERL"; format=flowed; reply-type=original
(1 additional line omitted)

DISCLAIMER: The information above contains links to software by third-party vendors (hereafter, “the Software”). AT&T is not responsible for support or assistance for any of the Software. If you need support or assistance with any of the Software, please contact the Software's vendor directly. AT&T is unable to provide a warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied, for any of the Software. You will be responsible for your own system software and system security and not hold AT&T, its partners, agents or affiliates liable for any costs or damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages to access system, hardware and/or software) to your computer as a result of installing or using any of the Software. You also understand that use of all hardware and/or software must comply with the AT&T Acceptable Use Policy.
Important Note: This email contains links to various websites. You may copy and paste the URL(s) into your browser rather than clicking directly on the link.

©2005 - 2015 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Privacy Policy (Updated July 24, 2015)