I got this email earlier tonight. Anyone have any ideas what this is or what I should do? (I X-out the IP address)

Dear Customer,
AT&T has received information indicating that one or more devices using your Internet connection may be sending unsolicited commercial email (spam). Spam originating from the IP address XXXXXXXXX was sent on Dec 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM EST. Our records indicate that this IP address was assigned to you at this time.

A total of 269 similar incidents occurring between December 24, 2015 5:18 AM EST and December 24, 2015 5:15 PM EST have been reported on this account.

If you have a device that has been infected with malicious software, it may be sending spam without your knowledge. An infected device may display no obvious symptoms.

To address this matter we ask that you take the following actions. If your computer(s) are managed by an Information Technology (IT) group at your place of work, please pass this information on to them.

If you use a wireless network, an infected computer may be using your Internet connection without your knowledge. Ensure that your wireless router is password-protected and using WPA or WPA2 encryption (use WEP only if WPA is not available). Check the connections to the router and ensure that you recognize all connected devices.

Ensure your firewall settings and anti-virus software are up-to-date, and install any necessary service packs or patches. Scan all systems for viruses and other malware.

Last edited by deniro; 12/25/15 12:19 AM.