Sorry for being slow to get back to you, Jon, but I wanted to finish my project rather than report piecemeal.

As I just said to ryck, I'm more happy than unhappy in El Cap even though I hate it, but having done what I've done, at least I'm still in charge of MY deuced Mac(hina). (I'm beginning to understand what my ex-girlfriend was raving about when she lost DOS to Windows.)

1. Yeah, I'm running SIP-less, but I'm still in a better position than I was in before, because on top of being up to date Security Update-wise I'm no more vulnerable than I was before.

And further, as I've already opined, OS X has only a 7% market share, and I doubt that anyone's going to waste their time developing new exploits that target the minuscule percentage of users of an almost negligible platform that's running with the vulnerability.

2. I've got Gatekeeper permanently turned off, and I feel safe without it; I download only reputable and well received stuff.

Although Apple's attempts to save me from myself are not without merit, I'd rather take Sarah Brown to Havana for lunch. grin

(See "Resurrected software!" for more.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire