Originally Posted By: ryck
And current polls suggest that it could happen. However, I'm going to stick with my thought for now because he's become even more outrageous (read: panicky) by spouting easily disproven, totally fictitious stories.

But, just in case, are you dusting off your traveling bags?

"The Donald" is a master practitioner of the big lie (if you tell a big enough lie often enough and loudly enough people will come to accept it as the truth) which was so artfully and successfully used by Adolph Hitler in Germany. "The Donald's" demonizing of Muslims is a virtual mirror image of Hitler's pogrom against the Jews. Just as in pre-WWII Germany it is a distraction from the failures/unwillingness of the government to effectively address pressing economic and social issues of the time.

Unfortunately since the other potential nominees have no real program of their own, when they see "The Donald" gaining traction with his outrageous statements they are all too willing to jump on the bandwagon with him. Negative politics have always been with us, but this campaign has turned into a battle of who can be the most negative and outrageous.

I could go on but it would leave me with a sour stomach and bad attitude for the rest of the day. On 911 I promised myself I would not permit the terrorists to make me fearful and I am trying mightily to make the same promise about the current crop of presidential candidates. Sadly I am far more successful not fearing the terrorists than I am the politicians.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein