Originally Posted By: artie505
Unless I'm mistaken, SuperDuper has dropped from $40 to $28 since CCC went from donationware to $40.

The $28 price for SuperDuper! has been in effect for quite a while. I was originally using SuperDuper! in "demo/free" mode for a number of months, but about 5 or 6 months ago, I just went ahead and purchased it. The paid version certainly runs faster! (It also has some other features that I have not needed to use, so far).

Now, I had previously posted 1) my on going success with SuperDuper! (including working flawlessly with El Capitan (OS 10.11.1)), and 2) that SuperDuper! does not back up the Recovery Partition, whereas Carbon Copy Cloner does.

Regarding that Recovery Partition, with a SuperDuper! bootable backup, if a complete recovery is ever needed, after booting the SuperDuper! backup, there would be 2 ways to proceed:

1. Use Disk Utility to Erase and Format (and if necessary, partition) the drive with the issue. Then, use SuperDuper! to do a full restore of everything. The Recovery Partition would not be there.

2. Use Disk Utility to Erase and Format (and if necessary, partition) the drive with the issue. Then, so a fresh installation of the OS. Next, boot from that fresh installation, and use Migration Assistant to "migrate"/copy all the non-system stuff from the SuperSuper! backup. The Recovery Partition would be there.

For #1, there is a nifty, free little "program" called "Recovery Partition Creator 3.8" that can be used to re-create the Recovery Partition. Here is a link that discusses it, and also where one can download it:

http://musings.silvertooth.us/2014/07/recovery-partition-creator-3-8/

I did use twice when I was using Yosemite, and it worked. But, when I "moved" from Yosemite (10.10.5) to El Capitan (10.11.1), I followed #2 above. (I have also needed to do such a full recovery on two other occasions, and by following #2 above, it worked perfectly).

As it is, whenever I do such a recovery (whether #1 or #2), I still have to use TechTool Pro to re-create its convenient eDrive partition.