oh and here let me scare you all a little bit.

I once had access to a fun little application for the mac that would dump the user's keychain. As in, you'd sit down at a computer that was logged in whose login keychain was unlocked and screensaver wasn't running. Pop in the flash drive and run this little app. It would DUMP the keychain. INCLUDING the items that were restricted access to specific applications or processes. Without prompting for the logged in user's password.

This is an example of "it doesn't need the password, it wants the password". This app contains a copy of the security framework that's inside mac os x, but with the password "wants" edited out or disabled.

So that is a reminder to all, if the computer needs the password to operate, but is still asking you for it, it doesn't NEED it, it already has access to it, it's just being stubborn. A computer that has auto-login turned on for example, the keychain unlocks when the user logs in. But it will still ask you for your admin password all the time for stuff. It doesn't NEED the password, it has it already, and if it has it and can use it, that means someone else can too. Never forget that.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department