Coincidentally, I just finished up with AppleCare, and after much digging and consulting with "an expert on the subject" the tech told me that the common wisdom remains to run down even a Li-io battery once a month if you don't use it otherwise, and he doesn't know why that's been taken down from Apple's website.

(Note that my old type battery ran completely down, i.e. my deuced Mac(hina) shut down, and I had to hit the power button after I plugged the MagSafe in, whereas my Li-io battery apparently retains a power reserve such that the black screen I see doesn't indicate a complete shut down, rather my dM restarts - from the chime - by itself when I plug the MagSafe in.)

Your info, saying both "discharging or charging the battery all the way damages it" and "a fully charged battery will lose some percentage of its storage ability for each month it's left completely charged" gives some direction, but isn't definitive. (After about 30 months, my battery has run through 39 run-down cycles and still takes a 94% charge, so I dunno.)

So my question remains technically remains unanswered.

Edit: Posted before I saw V1's post. (More later)

Last edited by artie505; 11/09/15 05:15 PM. Reason: Cleanup

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire