Originally Posted By: slolerner
Actually, there were over a thousand messages. shocked

Thought that was the case but I didn't want to exaggerate.
I had mentioned that I don't want to open the messages that are junk because I am using LS on my MBP (when I can sit at it) to stop spam. You can't mark an email on an ipad for deletion until you click on it and that opens it, so it won't work. On my mac, I now get the LS window when junk mail tries to load and I block the port before it loads. It's just cumbersome to go into each account to place save messages on the iPad, but I can keep them all in a new folder under one account, I guess.

That is a limitation in Mail that I do not know a workaround for. mad I will risk sounding like a broken record and say that there is an easy work around in Airmail.
So, one other thought but probably won't work: if I flag the ones I want, will that keep them from being deleted during a dump?

Nope
If I did have a bluetooth keyboard, would I be able to shift and select? Just a thought... Probably a dumb one.

Not a bad idea but that doesn't work either. I just tried it on my iPad with an attached bluetooth keyboard. crazy

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein