Thanks.

1. They mentioned that zero all data is not necessarily effective, but not that it's dangerous to an SSD's health.

2. They didn't mention the degree of difficulty involved in recovering data after their procedures were run...CRITICAL to any evaluation.

3. They didn't seem to address the data remaining in those blocks(?) that were once used but are no longer functional (as per V1) and can't be overwritten.

4. Looks like Apple has figured out how to kill the used Mac market...paranoia over their SSDs.

I guess it really comes down to what kind of data you've got on your drive and your degree of warranted or unwarranted paranoia.

From where I stand, my only critical data has been stored in encrypted disk images - with their passwords nowhere other than in my head - since day one, so I believe it's unrecoverable.

The rest of my data is innocuous as is, I'll guess, most of everybody's data, so anybody willing to go the distance to recover it is welcome to do so.

And finally, I'll guess that it's pretty unlikely that anybody is going to go the distance to rummage through a previously used SSD without knowing it'll be worth their while, so perhaps it'd be helpful to make sure that nobody knows from whom they bought their used Mac.

That, and if you haven't encrypted your SSD from the get-go, make sure that newly created critical data is stored in encrypted disk images.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire