I don't use SSD's because I don't need to. Spin drives are so cheap I think of them as a consumables and speed is nice but not crucial. Not a fan, but that being said:

Of course, you have to 'erase' the entire drive first and between the two streamings to make space. Also, you can't fill it up each time to the point where the directory, or whatever voodoo an SSD uses, is damaged. Apple told me the percentage to fill it up to, but I can't recall. Then I'm guessing the drive space is first in, first out or it wouldn't work. (The files are still there with the dates created, right, you're just being told the space can be written over.) I filed it up each time with my books on tape. If that's the first thing a hacker uncovered, would he keep digging for an Excel spreadsheet or move on?

It makes some kind of sense, I think. As for the refurbs, I don't know if they would trash a motherboard that tests well simply because it has an SSD attached. But selling it with a used SSD creates the possibility of the buyer of the computer unmasking the previous owner's data and using it to commit a crime. What to do?

V1, what do they do?

Last edited by slolerner; 10/25/15 04:31 PM. Reason: More