As a person working in science that may be boring, complex and too technical, I do appreciate jokes and have never heard a good talk without a joke or two. Jokes are not necessary but they enlighten our lives and help us to relax. Removing a post with a completely innocent joke is highly unusual and, frankly, an overzealous action, IMHO. Roger's post did not detract from the main topic and may have shown to the new "shy" members that the atmosphere here is not as at a college exam where nothing extraneous is allowed and penalties are lurking from every corner. Being too harsh or too much sticking to the "rules" may actually detract new posters from being here. They would see that the mods are pretty stringent when it comes to the content and would be afraid to post. In this case, a simple reminder to stick to the troubleshooting would have sufficed. With all due respect to Dianne, I think it was an overreaction. People have already expressed their displeasure here about the Mods being a police force and, although I completely resent their language and allusions, there is something to think about in general. Besides, I don't recall any such problems/actions in the old forums. If the language is not offensive and the poster is not trying to hijack the thread or seriously detract from its course, no removal of the posts should be taking place.
This is a personal opinion but let us not be upset but rather discuss this issue maybe in more detail and elaborate some rules that would suit the common sense.

Alex
3.1 GHz 13" MacBook Pro 2015, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.11.2, Office 2011, TimeWarner Cable
2.8 GHz Xeon Mac Pro 2010, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.11.2, Office 2011, LAN