Hi:

Wow, this feels more like home. Thanks for the heads up, Jonathan!!

I have 512 mb of RAM on my ibook G4. Lately something is eating it up. I looked on the Activity Monitor and couldn't see anything different. Now when I open more than one page on a website, the RAM goes down to about 29 mb. and then the site freezes with the little rainbow pinwheel spinning. I can't get it to stop with the Apple/period technique.

Also, I have over 3 gigs of virtual memory but it's looks like it's not being tapped into so that I don't run out of RAM.

Any suggestions?

OK, I don't know if this really does have anything to do with my RAM issue but since I left the above message, I have had to Force Quit Safari at least twice. I'm having to Force Quit very often now. Does anyone know why I would have to be doing this all of a sudden? It's happening on sites I frequent and have never had problems with before. I would appreciate any input. I've emptied my cache and cookies. I already trashed the stuff in my Safari folder minus the booklist plist. Any other ideas? I've run Disk Utility and Tool Tech Delux and a virus scanner (ClamXav). I don't know what to do next.

Thanks in advance. confused

Rita

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8