Quote:
It is not that objects follow our math rules, it is that the rules are tailored to the objects.
I'm not quite sure about this. Pure math is abstract and its own world. Yet, arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, etc. seem to be involved in the "real" world. I don't think that mathematicians necessarily tailored their theorems to physical objects. (Of course, one could make that claim about geometry and trigonometry.)

Quantum mechanics is just plain weird by the standards of our everyday experience but it seems to predict sub-atomic behavior quite well. My violin student has a Ph.D. in physics and actually understands quantum theory. I made the remark that that theory is somewhat more comprehensible than the US Tax Code but he said that they were equal. Quantum Theory allows for parallel universes and the IRS seems to exist in one. I don't know where politicians fit into all this but that's for future generations to explain. tongue

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365