Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

Quote:
(Can you actually listen to music with your watch, but without earbuds, and hear anything worth listening to?)

Bluetooth headphones.

NO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES ARE REQUIRED! There is actually a speaker in the Watch. The fidelity is voice grade — about like AM radio. More than adequate for telephone calls but just okay for music. Also there is only a limited amount of storage on the Watch for audio content but it is enough to be usable.

Full disclosure: I connect my bluetooth headphones either to the iPhone or iPad, not the Watch. In fact I am not sure I can connect anything to the watch via bluetooth but the iPhone and that is all controlled by a built-in iPhone app in iOS 8 and 9. I use the speaker and microphone in the Watch primarily to make and receive phone calls without having to dig the iPhone out of my pocket or find where it is buried on my desk. For those of you who are old enough to remember this, using the watch to make phone calls reminds me of Dick Tracy's wrist radio only a lot smaller and more powerful. The only time I actually played music from the Watch was simply to prove to myself it could be done — it can cool .

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein