(OS X 10.6.8) I store my passwords database in a Text Edit doc in an encrypted sparse disk image (disk image).

A while ago I spaced out and ejected the disk image while the Text Edit doc was still open.

When I realized what I had done I frustratingly unsuccessfully tried to quit Text Edit both with and without the disk image mounted, and finally "killed" it in Terminal. (I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try to force quit it.)

The aftermath is that Text Edit is now somehow connected to the disk image...even after I trashed the original and created a new one (same name, same location).

ANY Text Edit doc I try to open calls up a password dialog box for the disk image, and, and this is weird, after I hit "Cancel" four times the doc opens.

OK, brainstorm... I just created a new disk image...different name, same location and trashed the first one, and Text Edit docs now behave as expected.

But can anybody explain what happened with the first disk image?

Update: I just created another disk image with the original name (giving me two), and Text Edit docs still open as expected.

Update 2: Spoke too soon. The docs only open if the disk image is in a different location than it was in when the debacle occurred; Text Edit stopped working when I moved it to its original location.

confused crazy

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire