alternaut,

About a week ago, there was a discussion in the AUDIO, VIDEO, PHOTOGRAPHY forum about a PRINTING problem with a PERIPHERAL device after installing MAC OSX 10.6.x. Now I don't begin to know what motivated the poster to pick the AUDIO, VIDEO, PHOTOGRAPHY forum to post his problem in, maybe it was an audio or video cd he was trying to burn a label on...oops no, he stated it had graphics on it. This post is still where it originated, even though to this layman it's in the wrong forum.

A well meaning FTM user asks for clarification as to which language version of the software upgrade the poster got before he offered advice, and his post was misinterpreted by one of the powers that be and was removed. This user was so upset that he started a new feedback topic to vent his frustration. Removing someone else's post on a whim when there was no rules violation would be what? Gestapo tactics maybe?

Fast forward a few days. I have a question involving PRINTING (Peripherals forum) a folder catalog in MAC OSX 10.0 - 10.5 x. I have the same dilemma as the moderator that posted above. To me it fit into both forum definitions, but rather than post it in both, i chose Mac OS x 10.0 - 10.5.x because I thought there ought to be a way to do it in Finder. If I'm wrong let the powers that be move it. The above incident was still fresh on my mind as I don't deal with all the posts and topics you do on a daily basis...thus the wording I chose. I didn't single anyone out, just basically said the forum police can move it it they feel it's in the wrong place.

Now here I am "humoring" (I won't call you dumb even though you asked me to) another power that be what tried to suck me into the same vortex that got the message deleted that started this whole mess to begin with. That's why I posted this to the Feedback forum instead of just replying to your post.

In researching for this post, I discover that the moderator that took offense to my gestapo comment wasn't the one that deleted the post, and as far as I know had no involvement. Why he/she took offense I don't know. I don't know the person. His/her definition of gestapo (secret police of a brutally repressive political regime) while probably accurate, is more encompassing than what I had in mind...just secret police. Evidently, what wasn't allowed in the Audio, Video, Photography forum is allowed in the Mac OS X 10.0 - 10.5.x forum, because now two moderators have done the same thing. I agree with what the user mentioned above stated in his post, it does feel colder here. That's not conducive to solving problems and attracting new members.

I realize all y'all (all y'all is the plural of the singular y'all. I do live in the South now, a damn Yankee--came South and stayed) put in a lot of time to help the less knowledgeable, and to keep the new site running. I, and I think, everyone else appreciate the time and effort! All y'all need to keep in mind, most of us try to do the right thing and play by the rules. Let's fight the battles that need to be won, and lighten up on the rest. It would make FTM a better place to visit. After all, in the end, we all want the same thing...to enjoy our Macs and let them make our lives easier.

I'll shut up now.

...JER (-: >