Originally Posted By: grelber
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
... [It's all too] easy to forget that kids entering college today ...

I know. I keep bumping into them — more correctly, they keep bumping into me — because they are so absorbed in their mobile devices that they don't pay attention to the world around them.

Sooner or later, failing to yield the right of way to a distracted texter is going to be criminalized, and resultant damage to a mobile device will likely be a capital (Choose your own definition. grin ) offense. (Actually, I've found them to be astonishingly good at detecting my presence and getting out of my way before I mow them down.)

A note about iPhone apps... You may not know that many of them are very specific and narrow-purposed...flashlights, train, bus, and ferry schedules, access to radio stations, a gazillion others...not at all what you likely think of as an app, and requiring almost zero skill, knowledge, or intuition to use. Watching others use their iPhones has given me the impression that many "apps" are little more than pre-packaged results of (what would otherwise be) Google searches.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire