IMO the choice of keyboards is 1 part engineering, 1 part features, 3 parts touch, and 6 parts personal preference. Unfortunately the personal preference can only be determined with use. I went through several "ergonomic" keyboards and keyboards with a variety of key actions. I became convinced the best keyboard I had ever used wa the original IBM with its clickety-clack sound and positive over the center feel and finally found one that was Apple compatible for the bargain price of $125. But after years of use I became convinced between its siae and the blankety-blank USB cord it took up too much room on my desk. I invested in an Apple Wireless keybord. Initially it felt too constrained, had too soft a touch, and I didn't like it much at all. But with use it has become my keyboard of choice. I have added a wireless keypad and replaced the mouse with a wireless trackpad and can't imagine switching. (Well I might switch the wireless trackpad for one with the new 3D action.)

The point is ulnlees there is a glaring shortcoming(s), an "ideal" keyboard is one you use long enogh to get accustomed to its particualr idiosyncrasies.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney