Sorry, I don't have an iPhone or any smart phone nor a tablet. I will try your suggestions when I have a problem later today. Earlier it didn't want to work, but now everything is fine.

I checked mail.com and it was fine there, too.

One thing I noticed though. When I delete an email and it sits in my inbox in mail, it grays out. When I click on it, it just shows a gray screen. If that's a clue, great. If not, I will try your suggestions when things screw up.

Thanks so taking the time. I didn't mean to nag you when you were so busy. I just thought maybe I'd fallen through the cracks as happens sometimes. smile

Rita

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
That is definitely anomalous behavior! confused

If you have an iPhone or iPad do you get the expected results when you delete an email there?

To verify the Mail.com mail is operating correctly, log onto the portal and delete an email from there and see if it correctly moves to the Trash folder.

If that works, then to narrow the solution space still further, try logging onto another user account on your computer and try deleting an Email while logged onto that account. NOTE You may have to setup one of your email accounts in the new logon account, but this will provide valuable information for problem solving purposes.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8