Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I suspect that, if lions roamed neighborhoods in the US, the responses in this thread might be different[/i]

But they don't, and neither do lots of other predators. However, in Africa there are villages where people live in the midst of the animals and, as a result, some suffer the dreadful consequences. It's the same here when people live in close and unprotected proximity to animals….like campers. Once in while someone gets mauled or killed by a grizzly or mountain lion.

Does Mr. Nzou think the answer is to kill all the lions? To follow his logic, that would be the only way to make all the villagers absolutely safe. And, let's not forget that the lions in the sanctuary are not the rogue animals killing villagers.

However, all of that aside, Mr. Nzou misses the point. Our dentist represents the worst in human nature….someone who gets a perverse thrill out of killing another being.

Originally Posted By: jchuzi
"And please, don’t offer me condolences about Cecil unless you’re also willing to offer me condolences for villagers killed or left hungry by his brethren, by political violence, or by hunger." Goodwell Nzou

Mr. Nzou, although I'm not sure why you think political violence is part of the "Cecil" issue, I offer condolences for the villagers lost to animals.

However, if you wish to claim that Americans care more about African animals than about Africans, you might want to think about the recent sacrifices during the ebola outbreak, or any number of other American (and many other nations) initiatives to help Africans.

Last edited by ryck; 08/05/15 12:20 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C