Since updating to 10.10.4, I am now experiencing intermittent internet connectivity issues (both LAN & WiFi) after putting my MBP to Sleep. Upon reawakening, I have to Restart in order to regain internet connectivity.

When previously using 10.10.3, or any prior Yosemite version, I had no problems with regaining my internet connectivity upon reactivating my MBP from Sleep.

When I updated my MBP to 10.10.4, I did so over my LAN connection through the App Store's Update, which completed smoothly. However, my first indicator of an issue, was when I took a break, prior to updating iTunes, and put my MBP to Sleep. Upon reawakening, my Airport Utility confirmed my Network was active, but I was not getting internet connection through my Airport Extreme (4th Generation). I had to do a MBP Restart in order to regain my internet connection to my MBP.

I can confirm this issue is also the case with connecting my MBP to my Network via WiFi. However, when I do have my MBP connected by WiFi (I'm connected now by WiFi to my Network as I write this post), my connection is reliable and good (I get 50+ Mbps Down & 6+ Mbps Up on my Comcast internet).

[All my iOS devices - iPhone 6 & iPad Air 2 - were getting and continue getting good solid WiFi connections through my AE. These solid, iOS WiFi connections were solid before and continued after updating both my iOS devices to iOS 8.4.]

So, my issue is strictly related to putting my MBP to Sleep, then reawakening and not getting reliable, internet reconnection without having to do a Restart.

I believe the issue most likely rests with some networking corruption caused by the reintroduced use of mdnsresponder in 10.10.4. [Oddly enough, I never had any issues with discoveryd in prior versions of Yosemite.] Moreover, I did not have any issues with mdnsresponder in OS versions prior to Yosemite.

Since I don't see news posts, in Mac media sites, about this being a universal issue, any ideas about how to resolve this networking corruption (if it is that)?

MacStudio M1max - 14.4.1, 64 GB Ram, 4TB SSD; Studio Display; iPhone 13mini; Watch 9; iPadPro (M2) 11" WiFi