No, the keychain thing doesn't, it was just a weird, annoying thing. Could not move anything from one folder to another without entering a p/w. I finally started to just unlock folders I was working with. It's probably something she did. But it didn't go away when I ran Disk Utility which should have fixed permissions, right?

The auto update thing doesn't really make sense because when I got it back from her, the indicator that there were updates, the thing I told her not to do, was still at two updates. I think because I don't know what Mavericks looks like, I took the 'Genius's word when we picked it up (I always have all the proprietary Apple tests done before I take a MBP home now) that it was running Lion as I requested and she didn't want to bother downgrading it, or worse, it can't be. Happily, I'm escalated to Tier 2 Support so if this can be fixed, it will. I would just pull the drive, cable it externally and put Lion on it through a clean download, but it would void the AppleCare. I think I'm going to have to go back and find a different Genius. I mean, learning what to do in this case is interesting, but I'm not sure I'm up to it. Spent six hours, no kidding, on phone support today just trying to get a 2010 and a 2012 to be twins. I did learn a whole lot because the techs did spend time with it. Btw, the 2012 has a different SuperDrive that has its own documented issues, but I checked and in 2012 it did not ship with the Matsushita.

Last edited by slolerner; 06/17/15 02:38 AM. Reason: More