Yikes! So, we picked up the computer from the Apple Store last week and it had Lion on it. I told my friend don't do any updates until I get a chance to show her how to pick and choose. I get it back and it has 10.9! She said she didn't upgrade anything. Apple walked me through an Internet system restore over the phone, there was no TM set up for it yet because she wasn't doing anything but browsing and the Internet restore only had Mavericks!!! So Apple 2nd Tier Tech Support is trying to figure out what to do.

The drive is wiped using Disk Utility from OS 10.9, and you can buy and download Lion to a USB stick, but you still need to boot it with Lion. So, we came up with a plan of using an old external and making a bootable installer. I just don't have time and with this back injury and those stupid wooden stools at the Apple Store to bring it back and start over. I guess my question is, what happened? Is Mavericks some type of sneaky thing that you have to lock out? The other thing that was all weird was the keychain access, asking for a password whenever you moved something. (No, I am not saying there is a connection between the keychain access problem and the inexplicable upgrade to Mavericks. That would make the news.)