Originally Posted By: alternaut
Originally Posted By: artie505
I looked at CNET's page a coupl'a times after VersionTracker's demise, hated pretty much everything about, and switched to MacUpdate ...

The problem with that is that the catalogs of the two sites overlap, but aren’t identical. Some software titles are only listed at CNet’s download.com, and some publishers may refer you exclusively to CNet for download. If that doesn’t affect you, so much the better. But if it does, that's where you go. At least you can avoid the adware if you know what to look for. crazy

Good point. I realize that, but all my apps, installed and bookmarked, all of which originally came from VersionTracker, are listed on MacUpdate, and although I may, of course, be missing out on new offerings that are listed on CNET and not VT MU I've go no inclination to go through both lists every day looking for pie in the sky, particularly in view of the fact that there are still other d/l websites that may have still different offerings. (And under any circumstances, there hasn't been a new Snowy compatible app, utility, update, or upgrade in ages.)

If I'm looking for something in particular and Google directs me to CNET, so be it, but otherwise...good riddance!

Last edited by artie505; 06/01/15 04:38 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire