This has bothered me for many years. So far back I don't even remember.

When I create a bookmark in Firefox, or anywhere else, the pop-up box gives me the option of where to put the bookmark. But the name of the bookmark (the web site name and what follows) is too long. In order to accomodate the long name, the Bookmarks column stretches widely to the right. It makes a difference considering I have a lot of folders and sub-folders in the Bookmarks Toolbar.

I do a lot of bookmarking, often for pages I want to read later, and so, in a hurry, I don't want to spend that second shortening the name. Therefore my Bookmarks Menu becomes unwieldy. I don't know how much time I've wasted over they years shortening a bookmark name before I actually hit "Done" to set the bookmark. Or, more likely, shortening a long list of names I bookmarked earlier.

When I bookmark, I only need the name of the site, not the little chatter that comes afterwards. I have to waste time deleting the chatter. If I bookmark the New York Times, I don't get NY Times or nytimes.com (their URL), I get The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia. CNN gives Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News - CNN.com. But Yahoo gives Yahoo. Now that's more like it.

There has be a better way to handle this so I don't have to manually adjust every name of every bookmark. Any ideas?