Another factor is that some of the officers involved may be local to Baltimore, may have grown up there. What I do not know is whether the police department there reassigns officers to different precincts on a regular basis. A certain 'comfort zone' can lend itself to abuses of power. With six officers involved, it is hard to believe that this young man is the only person who has experienced this disregard of human suffering. He may be the worst case scenario.

I am still a little stuck on this "paddy wagon" mentality. The incident I described much earlier in this string in Philly involved an individual being picked up, put in a van, handcuffed and given a rough ride. As I recall, he ended up with a broken wrist. In New York, where I live now, if one person is arrested they are put in the back of a cruiser. The police vans and busses are used in cases such as a protest, when multiple arrests are anticipated, or to transport prisoners from precincts after being booked. The young man in Baltimore was put in a van and the van went to pick up a second person somewhere else. So, the arresting officer does not arrive with the prisoner?