Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: plantsower
OK. So, then are you saying I will have to try something else like Thunderbird to see if it happens in both. Then I can tell it's the ISP's fault for my iMap problems? And what about the fact that sometimes it happens at the Yahoo Mail website page and sometimes not even though the mail program shows gibberish? I need ammo before I go in with guns blazing (nicely of course).

You will need ammo. I don't know what your ISP's knowledge of anything Apple is but the odds are they know Windows and maybe some direct of Unix but Apple is a foreign language. It is always easier to blame the one you know the least about. This is the standard response in virtually every realm of human endeavor. It is a corollary of what the early Calvinists (that is the Calvinists not John Calvin himself) termed Total Depravity. No matter that you call it, it is human nature.

I know what you mean. I've been batted like a ping pong ball from company to company when I have electronic problems. That's why the last time I bought a TV, I bought the sound bar and DVD by the same company so they couldn't send me elsewhere when I needed help. smile

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8