Originally Posted By: grelber
FWIW: Just a note on (and recommendation of) Mozilla's Thunderbird ...

Ever since the browser and email client combo named Mozilla was split into two — Firefox and Thunderbird, respectively — I've been using both. Thunderbird can 'incorporate' any other email clients being used; I happen to have 3. It all works as slick as you-know-what through a goose.

I don't know if it will make a difference but I am trying it as an experiment. I do have a little learning curve. I downloaded Thunderbird and put my email addresses in it. I don't want it to be my default email program but it said I couldn't change it from inside Thunderbird. I will have to see how to change it back to Mac Mail because that's what I prefer. I just want to check my gibberish emails on Thunderbird to see if there is a difference when it happens again. Thanks for the idea.

The guy at Apple told me my mail would go onto both mail programs and I could pick which one I would read from then it would automatically be deleted from both when I deleted my mail. That hasn't been the case. It's all going into Thunderbird at the moment which I'm not to happy about.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8