Here's what Mike Bombich, Carbon Copy Cloner's developer, has to say:

Quote:
Hi Artie,

Originally Posted By: artie
I'm still curious about my and freelance's different experiences with CS and its interaction with CCC, though.

The only thing I can say about that is that indeed, it's terribly inconsistent from one system to another -- some systems get a "bonus" forced CoreStorage modification while other systems do not. There has been a lot of chatter on various developer forums about this, and some people think they've cracked the secret (e.g. it depends on whether the Mac's Intel processor has AES-NI support, though the debate seems to still be open). That, of course, is the problem -- Apple doesn't document this modification. There's no warning given prior to installation, nor is there any explanation given afterwards nor in Apple's Kbase. As long as you behave as Apple expects you to -- never look back, never run an older system, always upgrade, upgrade UPGRADE!, you shouldn't have to be bothered with technical details like this.

Mike

Last edited by artie505; 04/21/15 07:10 AM. Reason: Quantify Mike

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire