Originally Posted By: donikatz
As for hard to find beer in the US, for my birthday a couple of months ago my wife found a specialty importer downtown and bought me a dozen Belgian ales and a few glasses to compliment. Did I mention I love my wife? grin

What a wife! grin You must love her VERY MUCH!

Leffe isn't too bad, but a bit "boring", a bit "too smooth", but then tastes vary as I already said. I used to be a Gueuze drinker, mainly Bellevue, till it was bought by Stella. I will have a Stella to quench my thirst, but that's all.
I love a real Trappist (mentioned in a former forum: there are only 6 Belgian Trappists, three Flemish, i.e. Westvleteren, Westmalle & Achel, and three Walloon: Chimay, Rochefort & Orval; there is one Dutch Trappist that recently reacquired its license, i.e. La Trappe).
From the bottle (well in a glass; but as opposed to draft beer), my personal favourite is Rochefort 10, then Westvleteren 8, but I do love a Chimay blue. Draft trappist: Westvleteren 12, then Westmalle. I must admit I haven't tasted the others from draft yet.

Not very fond of blond beers like Hoegaarden. Have you ever tried a Duvel (=Devil)?

There's no way out of here,
When you're in here, you're here for good (David Gilmour)